Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Back To Basics

Good morning and welcome to another Whimsical Wednesday Challenge (#7). This week the challenge is to create a card/project that is cricutless. In addition to not using the cricut, we had to use some type of "old school" embellishment (sticker, rub-ons, chipboard, glitter...) Here are the Design Team's sneak peeks:

Great sneak peeks again. Make sure you head on over to each of the designer's blogs to see their completed projects and all the details about them. There is some great inspiration to get you started on your project.


The random winner of the Birthday Themed LO is Crafting Katie. Please contact me so that I can get your shabby crinkle ribbon out to you. Congrats Katie.

This week our very own Whimsical Designer, Zeni , is sponsoring the challenge. She is offering a Cosmo Cricket Home Decor Lacing Card Kit:
Looks like a lot of fun:)! Thank you Zeni. After four challenges all the names will be combined together and a random winner will get this:
Here are the challenge guidelines:
1. Make a cricutless project and use an "old school" crafting item...you decide what is "old school". Can also see examples above.
2. Please put in your post that you entered your project into this challenge with a link to this blog. I do not ask that you make a project just for my challenge. I know that there are lots of fun challenge blogs out there and I encourage you to play along in as many as you want:) So go ahead and enter your project where ever you like.
3. In order to become eligible for the prizes you must enter the challenge, become a follower of this blog, and leave a comment under our post's
4. Link your project to InLinkz by June 1 at midnight.

Each challenge will remain opened for two weeks, but we will still have weekly challenges. Last weeks  Take Shape Challenge is still opened, just scroll down for details. Thank you all for your continued support. We are all enjoying your entries and can't wait to see your cricutless creation.  Have a great week, and have fun with the shape challenge.



21 comments:

  1. Congratulations Katie! Great inspiration DT and what a fun challenge! I love it! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, once again the design team did an amazing job. So much inspiration! Great job ladies:)

    Big hugs to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous jobs DT! a fun challenge for sure. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great challenge! I will be creating something for this one for sure! Off to see what the DT came up with (the sneak peeks always peak my curiosity). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well here I am again just TOTALLY AMAZED at everyone's creations! I found this challenge very fun! I LOVE the Back to Basics... make me think even harder! I think you all did such a wonderful job! APPLAUD ~ APPLAUD ~ APPLAUD~ again! Thanks Stephanie for this exciting challenge and Zeni for sponsoring us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed going "back to basics"! I think we sometimes forget that simple can be cute and fun and turn out wonderful!
    Thanks for another great challenge idea.
    Enjoyed all your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Katie! Thank you for a another great challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great challenge, it is hard to remember scrapbooking before the Cricut, lol. Love all of the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The DT projects are so inspiring. TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was fun! Just my cutter, nestabilities, and stash... no Cricut.

    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. already a follower.. just linked up!

    sweetlilscrapper.blogspot.com
    sweetlilscrapper at hotmail dot ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super challenging challenge! Thanks getting me to pull out my old school supplies:-)

    -Tammy

    http://thepurplemuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great DT projects.Thanks for the fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the DT projects! This was a great challenge! Too often I feel 'obligated' to use my cricut. This was great thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Extra challenging! Thanks for helping me overcome my Cricut dependence. lol. ;)
    Nita

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is my first WW Challenge!! It sure was alot of fun. I have so many items that I have on hand that bought prior to buying my first cricut, so this was a super simple project for me to complete.

    scrapndesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a fun challenge. I have a few more to post tomorrow! Thanks for the challenge. :0)

    XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. This was a fun one and had me thinking outside the box. Great examples by the DT. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for another great challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I posted a project using everything but.... cricut. I am so much old school - i will make another card today. Do you have the e-mail option and I am missing it? I would love to keep up with challenges BUT so many blogs - so little my ol' memory LOL
    parkernana5@cox.net
    http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...